We Will Not Forget About the Fund

The Twin Towers Orphan Fund was founded on September 11, 2001, to assist the children who were orphaned (who lost one or both parents) by the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. TTOF is a long-term higher educational and health care support trust fund.

The mission of the Twin Towers Orphan Fund is to help mitigate the damage caused by the terrorist acts of September 11 by ensuring the children of the victims have as normal a life as possible. To do so, the TTOF provides long-term higher educational assistance and helps meet mental healthcare needs for children who lost a parent in the World Trade Center, at the Pentagon, or onboard the four downed airliners. The TTOF will also provide for children of victims of future terrorist attacks.

During its first seven months, more than $4 million dollars was raised to support the children of 9/11. During these same seven months, all expenses were borne from the pockets of the dedicated co-founders and by monies donated specifically for expenses. Beginning the 2nd quarter of 2002, TTOF implemented a 90 percent model where only 10 percent of donations are used for ongoing program expansion, administrative overhead and awareness efforts. The remaining 90 percent of funds are for the direct benefit of the children.

Our commitment goes beyond addressing a child’s immediate need or illness. As an advocate and a resource for the children of 9/11 and their families, we strive to make the greatest difference possible in the health and well being of all our children. Each of us has a personal reason for dedicating our energies to this special cause. We are united in what inspires us on a daily basis; the chance to make a difference in the lives of children. We find inspiration in our ability to reach out to these children in need; to provide assistance with their higher education and well being; to offer the best information about other organizations that may be of assistance to them and their families; and to be an effective part of an expanded care team.
Dylan and David Garcia

My Father
By: Dylan Garcia


Four years old is not a long time but it was a whole lifetime for me at the time. And that's why it seems I can remember all the little things that might have happened on a daily basis. Like banging piano keys, running around the house and playing with toy cars. But most of all is seeing my dad come home at seven o'clock and me running into his arms and being lifted into the air.

Read More


The Twin Towers Orphan Fund is helping more than 1,200 children in 26 states and territories including 32 babies born after 9/11. Over $1 million dollars has been awarded to the children – made possible through the compassionate commitment of individuals, communities and corporations working together to rebuild the futures of these children.

Nearly $4 million dollars has been distributed to fund over 700 higher educational savings accounts in the names of the child beneficiaries, $3 million dollars has been allocated for mental healthcare assistance and nearly $500,000 has been set aside for children of victims of future terrorist attacks.

The Twin Towers Orphan Fund is a long term support trust fund with a current life span of just 23 years (when the youngest of the children have reached age 22). If no future terrorist attacks have occurred by the time the fund has fulfilled its mission, any remaining assets shall be distributed to a foundation, charity or other 501(c)(3) entity that provides similar services for children in similar circumstances.



Make a Donation